We are excited to announce that 35 youngsters from Sofia, Berkovitsa, Gabrovo and Gorna Malina took part in our Spring Academy in the beginning of April 2013! During the unforgettable four days we laughed a lot, learned a lot and we are now ready to face new challenges!
The aim of the program was to help the social integration of young people in the world outside of school and the foster care, to develop their abilities to adapt and to face new situations. The adventures and challenges in nature helped the group to become a team and to function effectively. The participants went through different stages of the process: from the creation of the communication rules of the group and the distribution of roles in building trust between them.
- Teamwork and efficiency
- Communication skills
- Exciting new friendships
- Personal development and self-knowledge
- Leadership qualities
- Practices and activities based on experiential education (learning by experience). The method involves various communication models supporting active communication capabilities needed by young people for the future in life.
- Expected benefits for the participants:
- Training and support for young people to enter life through the development of personal potential and tolerance for diversity
- Developing their creativity, their ability to build trust and concern for people and nature
- Young people understand others, learn to respect differences and get more confident about the changes and challenges of life
- Building of positive role models
- Self-awareness and personal development in a different environment
- Development of leadership capabilities
In order to achieve our goals, we used real challenges, party games and expedition orientation with map and compass. These methods focus on building confidence in their own capabilities, tolerance, mutual assistance, striving for leadership, responsibility, achievement of their objectives and respect for nature.
The program included many discussions on topics such as teamwork, common problems, tolerance, positive communication,leadership and empathy. They helped the participants to reflect on their experience and to see how to apply it in life.
Thank you for making this possible and for bringing smiles on our faces!
The Step for Bulgaria Team
Spring Academy 2013